Hiring a green cleaning service is important for a lot of people because it allows them the free time to do what they need to do. We all have crazy busy lives and the best way of getting through it all is delegation. Sometimes the “Cadillac Clean” may not be in your budget, but here are a few tips for making any green cleaning service more budget friendly so you can still have a fantastically clean house and some extra money leftover to splurge on other necessities.
- Make sure you tidy! Take 10 minutes the morning of your cleaning to blow through the house tidying things and putting them away. We don’t tidy because if we did you would probably never find anything again. We will load the dishwasher if it is empty, but we won’t unload it. Having cleared surfaces means we don’t have to pick stuff up to clean underneath it and we can do a much better job of cleaning in a lot less time.
- Skip the kid’s rooms. Have the kids clean their rooms. Being able to keep a space tidy and clean is a skill that every person should know. If they want us to clean their room, maybe they can do chores for money to pay for it? Just a thought. Not to mention the art of green cleaning is one that everyone should know… in our opinion at least. 🙂
- Rotate your service. Most rooms don’t need to be cleaned every week or even every other week. Lightly used rooms can do with a once a month cleaning usually. Ask us about rotational cleaning and how we do that!
- Say “no, thanks” to the Add-On offers. Making your bed, cleaning the fridge, oven, etc. all take us extra time which costs money. Green cleaning the inside of an oven takes a lot of time and effort! If you’re ever going to have us clean all these areas, it’s best to do it on the deep clean when our hourly rate is much lower than recurring cleaning! If your oven is self-cleaning, run the self-clean, and we’ll wipe the ash out for free! Just be sure to let us know otherwise we probably won’t check inside your oven.
- Ask for “by request” rates for lightly used areas of your home. Some rooms such as guest rooms that don’t get used very often except when company comes are great examples of rooms that we can quote a special “by request” rate for you. Then if you do want that part of the house cleaned, just email us to let us know and include the extra amount on your check.
- Have us come less often. The difference between biweekly and monthly cleaning rates are usually a difference of about $40. This is a generalization, and your rates may be higher or lower. But in the grand scheme of things, if your biweekly cleaning rate is $100/clean and your monthly rate is $140/clean, that’s a savings of $60/month! You may need to do a little more maintenance between cleans, but we’ll still come and give it a thorough once over to help you stay on top of it!
If you are looking to alleviate some of your housekeeping headaches, give us a ring! We offer custom green cleaning service based on your needs, and it all starts with our FREE in-home estimate.
Click here to get an INSTANT price, on-line, free, right now!